Group Disability coverage typically consists of a variety of products and services. They include short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, and the ability to integrate these plans, along with your workers’ comp.
We emphasize our Ability philosophy, the belief that people want to live active, independent, productive lives.
Long Term Disability
Covers employees who can’t work because of long-term disabling illness or accidental injuries that happen on or off the job, and emphasizes programs that help people return to work. Pays benefits equal to a portion of the employee’s wages when employees can’t work because of long-term disabling illness or accidental injuries. Employers can select benefit amounts, how long benefits will be paid, and other plan features.
In LTD, our focus is on creating positive outcomes. Features like these play a big role in treatment plans that help people return to work (not all features available on all plans):
- Rehabilitation – clinical and vocational.
- Employee Assistance offering employee and work/life assistance with personal problems (optional).
- Family Care Credit – to defray childcare costs during rehab programs.
- Workplace Modification Benefit – including adaptive equipment.
- Partial Benefits – for part-time return to work .
- 100% Return-to-Work Incentive – allows benefits plus earnings to replace 100% of pre-disability earnings for a specified period.
- Social Security Assistance – for application and appeals.
We also offer Travel Assistance and Employee Assistance Programs that provide emergency medical assistance and other travel services for employees as well as legal counseling, emotional and workplace counseling and more.
LTD easily integrates with STD, FMLA Administration and Workers’ Comp.
Short Term Disability
Covers employees who can’t work because of non-work-related disabling illness or accidental injuries. Pays benefits equal to a portion of the employee’s wages when employees can’t work because of non-work-related disabling illness or accidental injuries. Employers can select benefit amounts, how long benefits will be paid, and other plan features. To encourage employees’ return to work, many STD plans can include rehabilitation services, if needed, as well as professional counseling. And partial benefits are paid if employees return to work part-time.
STD easily integrates with LTD, FMLA Administration and Workers’ Comp.
Why offer short-term disability protection?
- Some 2/3 of disabilities are non-work-related – and not covered by workers’ comp.1
- Without a paycheck, the typical employee’s savings last less than five weeks.2
- Managing treatment early, especially for disabilities that could become long-term, can mean better outcomes and faster return-to-work.
1. National Safety Council, Injury Facts 2000 2. Response Research Analysis, 1996
As with every line of coverage we implement, we represent many different carriers to assist us in providing this coverage. Our experience has shown that no one carrier is the perfect solution for everyone. Comparing plans from the top providers in the market place ensures that we get you the best coverage for the lowest cost. Please email or call us or request a quote.